Hopefully this will be a less hectic, normal week...
- Thai Pork and Papaya Couscous I don't have the link to this recipe...I couldn't find it online. I got it from Clean Eating Magazine. It definitely needed more sauce especially paired with the couscous. I think I would try this one again after tweaking the recipe for a thicker sauce.
- Plank Grilled Scallops with Lemon-Mint Gremolata We used the cedar plank to grill the scallops and shrimp; however, since scallops and shrimp don't take long to cook, we really didn't get that smoked flavor we were hoping for. Guess we'll just have to save the plank for fish. The gremolata added a nice flavor. We used the mint from our herb pots. The cherry tomatoes and beans are from the CSA.
- Fruit and Gorgonzola Salad with Proscuitto haven't made this one yet...we ate the peaches and plums before we made the salad! Maybe next week!
- Grilled Yucatan Chicken Skewers Not bad, but we were expecting the chicken to be more flavorful since it had been marinating for a few hours. For sides here, I sauted some beans from the farmer's market in olive oil. I also couldn't resist Farmer Rick's cherry tomatoes so I tossed those with some mozzarella and basil.
- Grilled Shrimp and Lemon Skewers with Red Potato This was great! We didn't have long enough rosemary to use as skewers, next time for sure! I'd like to rename the red potatoes "drunken potatoes" because I added a splash of white wine to deglaze the pan...with all the potatoes we get with the CSA, I see alot of drunk potatoes in our future!
- Pork and Chorizo Kebabs with White Wine Marinade Not bad...the only problem was that the meats cooked at different rates so it turned out a little dry. We only had a half a bottle of wine to use although I don't think that's the reason the meat was dry. We cubed some watermelon and grilled it along with corn on the cob.