Tuesday, July 26, 2011

july 25-29

  • Balsamic Cherry Pork Chops with Veggies this one got pushed to another week...pork chops are now in the freezer.
  • Crab Salad with Mango and Avocado Eric picked up the crabmeat at Trout's. This was very simple (need a blender or a food processor) but I did change it up a bit. I skipped the whole egg component altogether. Used spinach because we had it instead of buying watercress. I don't have rings (guess I need to get some) so I just lumped the crab on instead of having it neatly packed. And the drumroll, please! The tomato is the first from our garden!!! The flatbread is from a box, ha, ha!
  • Grilled Skirt Steak and Peaches Requires overnight marinade. But very worth it! The grilled peaches were sooo good! Eric grilled the zucchini too!
  • Lemongrass Chicken Okay, I'm loving my new grill pan. Just look at the grill marks all done inside...bring on winter! Back to the dish, this called for a marinating for a few hours. We ended up marinating it overnight because we had a change in plans for dinner. Surprisingly, it was pretty bland. It smelled so good so we were surprised it lacked flavor. On the side are CSA tomatoes, green beans and squash.
  • Farm fresh sausage So I went to England Acres to get eggs the other day, but I was one person too late. The people before me grabbed the last 2 dozen (in fact, I believe the man went right out to the hen house to collect the last dozen. So instead I brought home sausage and was it good! Eric grilled and I sliced our CSA tomatoes and mozzarella. We had leftover potatoes too.


  • Spaghetti with Nido's Sauce Open a jar of Nido's and simmer for an hour (or more)...you can just open the jar and heat and serve, but there's something different that happens when you just let it go! Served with a side of sauted spinach = yum Oh yeah, for the meat leftover sliced sausage.

No comments:

Post a Comment