Monday, May 16, 2011

week 1

  • Grilled Fish and broccoli (we have a local fish store nearby which has a really good fresh fish): I seasoned the fish with lemon and pepper spice mix and Eric grilled out. For the broccoli, I just sauted it in a pan with a little olive oil and salt and pepper to taste.
  • Spiced Chicken Salad (sixteen spice recipe from Bobby Flay)...we grilled the chicken and served on top of romaine lettuce with fresh sliced strawberries, blueberries and sunflower seeds--Eric and I aren't much for dressing. We squeezed a fresh orange on top with a little drizzle of Basil Olive Oil. There is an olive oil store in Frederick...they have the most amazing selection of oils!
  • Burgers (with asparagus): a beautiful day...cooked out. Sauted the asparagus with a little olive oil, salt and pepper to taste.
  • Shrimp and Grits (Bobby Flay recipe from Throwdown): This turned out quite tasty! We only had about a half of pound of the shrimp. Since we had leftover proscuitto from the spaghetti, I broke that up over the top. Also, I didn't make the shrimp stock since we didn't have many shrimp shells/tails so I used chicken stock. Eric was skeptical but said he would have never noticed if I didn't say anything. I have a photo of this one but I haven't gotten it off my camera yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment