Monday, May 16, 2011

this week

  • chipotle grilled steak tacos We changed this up a bit. We served this with the mole sauce on the side and prepared the tacos more like fajitas. Eric sliced the steak thinly then we topped it with our favorite toppings ie, mangos, lettuce, cheese, tomatoes, peppers, sour cream. We couldn't find the cotija cheese but used queso fresco instead. We didn't make the guacamole...the plan was to top with chopped avocado, but I forgot to cut it:)
  • Nidos Sauce with turkey sausage and spaghetti...Nidos is one of our favorite Italian restaurants in Frederick and they sell their marinara sauce. You choose - just pick your favorite sauce or make your own.
  • Zesty Grilled Tilapia with mango coconut rice...this wasn't as zesty as we were expecting. Although maybe I didn't zest enough orange rind because there were more flavorful bites than others. The fish was nice and moist...sometimes when we grill fish, it can get alittle dry. The mango rice was okay too.
  • Balinese Grilled Chicken with grilled veggies...this turned out quite tasty. But with a few changes. I couldn't find the red peppers, so I used red pepper flakes instead (about 1/2 teaspoon). Also, we used boneless, skinless chicken breasts instead of the whole chicken. Saved time on the grill. Here's a picture because I know, for me, it's more enticing to make something if you can see it.
  • Grilled Shrimp with Sweet Chile Sauce Salad...this was really good. Again, I didn't have the long red peppers so I used crushed red pepper flakes. For convenience, I used minced ginger from a jar and skipped the fish sauce altogether. And now that I think about, I think I forgot to add the sugar too. I like medium size shrimp instead of jumbo, so we used that and skipped the butterflying.
I'll post how the last three turn out as we make them...

No comments:

Post a Comment