Sunday, May 22, 2011

coming up....

Okay...all of these are new recipes...so I'll write more about them as we make them during the week...(click on the name to be linked to the recipes...)


  • Chicken with Honey-Orange Sauce we didn't end up making this...we threw some leftovers together and made quesadillas one night instead.

  • South Pacific Shrimp
  • Pretty much stuck to the recipe here...though I had some radicchio so I used that with the spinach (from our CSA). I did over cook the spinach and radicchio because I was nervous about the reserved marinade not being cooked well. Next time, I will cook through the marinade then add the greens...that way I won't over wilt them.
  • Chicken & Asparagus with Melted Gruyere...this looks alittle heavy but it wasn't at all. First of all, I think we have a pretty well stocked spice rack, so when I wrote our grocery list for this week, I didn't even bother looking to see if we had tarragon. So guess what I didn't have in our spice rack...tarragon! I looked online for a substitute some said oregano, thyme or marjoram. Since I had fresh thyme, I used that. However everything I read said tarragon and chicken is delicious, so I really want to try this again with tarragon. Since we have a lot of spinach thanks to our CSA box, I decided to saute some in addition to the asparagus. I thought the sauce would go well with the spinach! I seared the chicken on both sides to get a nice crust (I used whole wheat flour) then I put the pan straight in the oven at 350 for about 20 mins. Also, I sauted the asparagus on the stove top instead of steaming it and left it long instead of chopped. To plate it, I put the chicken on top of the spinach and then drizzled the sauce over top.


  • Spinach Salad with Tangerines and Coriander-Crusted Scallops...since we're not that big on dressings and Eric doesn't like mustard or shallots, I decided to skip making the vinaigrette. But I still wanted the orange flavor, so I zested 2 oranges and used the juice of one orange to dredge the scallops in before I coated them in the coriander blend. Also, I substituted the tangerines for oranges. After I plated the salads, I drizzled olive oil on top and used the radishes from our CSA box.


  • Linguine with Grilled Shrimp & Black Olives this was good...needed salt. I wish I had gotten pitted olives that would have added the salt I needed. Eric doesn't like olives so I would have had them on the side anyway...



No comments:

Post a Comment