Saturday, May 28, 2011

what's next...

Again, these are all new so I'll update as we go...

Fried Goat Cheese and Frisee Salad...I believe the original intent of this recipe was a starter course so since we were having it as a main course, I substituted the frisee for red leaf lettuce. Okay, for some reason when I was shopping and preparing this meal, I had complete "mommy brain". For starters, I got plum tomatoes instead of plums (which was written clearly on my shopping list). Then I asked Eric to pick-up some plums on his way home, the store didn't have any so he picked up kiwi instead because he thought we were just topping the salad with it but really it was for the plum vinaigrette. I didn't think the kiwi would work so I used the extra mango I had instead of the plums. Also for some reason (like not reading the directions well), I put all the red wine vinegar in instead of the 2 teaspoons it called for in step 2. Given that mess-up, I put all the ingredients in at once on the stove top (step 3). I like my prosciutto crispy, so I baked them on cookie sheet for about 10 mins at 375. So this meal was somewhat comical, but very tasty....I guess you can never go wrong with fried cheese!!!!
Spaghetti with Clams and Garlic...super easy and good! I added a little sherry (I would have put in white wine if I had some open but sherry does the trick too).

Asparagus Risotto with Crab and Orange Gremolada...this was good too! Although next time, I will not mix in the crab meat prior to serving because the crab got completely lost in all the risotto. Next time, I will plate the risotto then top it with a mound of crab. Eric felt it could have a bit more orange flavor too. Also, I sauted the crab meat in a bit of butter prior to mixing it into the rice. Still good and alot better then it looked.
Spiced Chicken with Coconut-Caramel Sauce and Citrus Salad
Baked Rigatoni with Spinach, Ricotta, and Fontina

No comments:

Post a Comment