Sunday, June 12, 2011

june 13-17


  • Coconut-Lime Chicken & Snow Peas Since we got a bunch of snow peas in our CSA this week, we thought we try out this recipe. I would have liked a little more coconut flavor (next time I think I'd sprinkle dried coconut over top). The plan was to use radicchio instead of red cabbage, but I ate it all, oops! Since we needed some red, we used radishes from our CSA and strawberries. We had some extra oranges so we added those as well as black sesame seeds.
  • Grilled Scallops with Honeydew-Avocado Salsa Very tasty...I was alittle concerned that the scallops would be kind of blah only grilled with salt and pepper, but I was surprised how good they were "plain". When I was making the honeydew avocado salad, I thought it looked unappealing...two green "fruits" so I added a mango for color but it made the salsa even tastier!
  • Sugar Snap Peas & Shrimp Curry pretty good but probably needed a rice to soak up some of the sauce...it was pretty runny. I had some collards from the farmer's market that I sauted with it and the sugar snap peas are from our CSA.
  • Enchiladas Suizas (Creamy Enchiladas with Chicken, Tomatoes, and Green Chile) This had a ton of flavor for just a few ingredients. The sauce consisted of tomatoes, jalapeno, and salt. The recipe called for 2 jalapenos. We did buy 2 in our shopping but used one in another dish. Eric said he couldn't taste the spice, but I could. So depending on how much spice you like, adjust how many jalapenos you put in. I took the easy way out and used canned tomatoes...definitely need a food processor for this one. Since Eric doesn't like onions (well, unless they're fried in rings), I chopped up the garlic scape from our CSA. Still had snow peas so I sauted some in a little olive oil/salt/pepper. Also, I used the chicken from the coconut lime chicken recipe that we didn't use in the salad.
  • Carne Asada with Black Beans

No comments:

Post a Comment