Sunday, June 5, 2011

june 5 - 11

more new ones...

  • Spaghetti with Spinach, Tomato, and Goat Cheese Since we loved the fried goat cheese from last weeks recipe, we decided to fry the goat cheese again. I sliced the garlic scape we got from our CSA also.
  • Shrimp and Minty Couscous Salad Okay this maybe my new craving! I wouldn't have thought that the mint would taste so good in the couscous! Also, Eric isn't too crazy about couscous but he said that this way actually flavorful...ha, ha! I used whole wheat couscous. Eric found brown tomatoes at our Food Lion (surprise, surprise). They were a good addition.
  • Penne with Asparagus, Sage, and Peas this was okay...needed something else.
  • Spicy and Sticky Baby Back Ribs not a last minute dinner... needs to be marinated overnight and needs 3 hours in the oven BUT so worth it! I made a cauliflower mash (instead of a mashed potato)... it's a really good substitute if you want something lighter with the meat. We have a new food processor (I broke our old one) and added in milk which wasn't needed (b/c the processor is so nice). I processed it with some butter and sour cream.


  • Chicken Tacos with Honey Chipotle Sauce To save myself some chopping time, I threw all the ingredients for the honey chipotle sauce into the food processor. This was a great sauce!
  • Red Apple Salad with Oranges and Feta The dressing here was tasty and light. We had some prosciutto so I put them in the oven to crisp (375 for about 10-15 mins). We tossed some almonds in also and substituted the feta for blue cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment