Saturday, September 17, 2011

september 18-23

Warm Shrimp Salad with Kamut, Red Chile and Tarragon Substitued our CSA jalapenos for the red chiles. The only kamut I could find was kamut flakes. They were super quick to make probably about 3 minutes versus the recipe directions.

Poblano and Spinach Posole - (chili) Tried 3 different grocery stores...no poblanos...we'll try again another time.

Meatball Subs - if you want the recipe on these, let me know.
Autumn Golden Vegetable Lasagna (the boys had their belt test on Friday, so we treated them with a dinner out afterwards.) Pushed to next week.

Blue Squash risotto with radicchio Must not have been the week for radicchio...after checking 2 stores, I gave up and used arugula instead. After getting a blue hubbard squash in our CSA box, I found this recipe and I have to say it may have been the tastiest risotto we've ever made. I added our CSA jalapenos which added a great flavor. I put some arugula in the dish but also served it on the side along with CSA cherry tomatoes. We had some (England Acres) bacon leftover from another meal so I crumbed some on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment